GUIDELINES FOR GUEST BLOGGERS
I appreciate all who submit inspirational stories and devotional-style articles. As Christian Bloggers, we can encourage and help each other by sharing the work.
- Please send a request for guest blogging via facebook or firstname.lastname@example.org
- I will accept requests from born-again Christian bloggers. No ‘spiritualistic’ material will be accepted that is other than God-honoring and places Him first, as your source of faith and strength, and as the only sovereign and righteous King.
- I will limit editing your material to Yost SEO guidelines that fit in with best exposure. So please check your spelling and grammar, as well as sentence structure.
As part of this program, I may add relatable sub-titles that help to enhance readability.
- Please submit inspirational or devotional material of 600-800 words. This will be divided by internal and external links, (which Yost encourages) by scripture, and by images; and sometimes by a quote-shout out.
I post once a week (loosely). Sometimes it does take me a bit longer, but that is what my health situation and circumstances will allow. I will notify you when I expect your article to be posted. I expect to use no more than 2 guest posts a month.
- I accept spiritually (Godly) uplifting and encouraging material that promotes faith and strength, as well as teaching scriptural comparisons in life. I want mentally and emotionally refreshing material, as well as confirmation and agreement with those who have experienced similar situations in health crisis.
- Some topics include but are not limited to: care-giving, the importance of friends, relationship challenges, helping the patient at home, helping her feel good about herself, helping with errands or traveling, the church’s role, practical advice, building new self-confidence, ways to encourage, ways to brighten someone’s day, how to interest the patient in new things, what to ask about her condition, what to say to a cancer victim or their family, the benefit of support groups, etc. Read what I have covered, but you may have a different slant. These are just suggestions only. I may introduce articles about diet options and health options later.
If I have a theme started at the time of your submission, please consider how you can carry that.
Bulleted tips are great. “10 tips for helping a caregiver” is an example.
Your own personal experience is not enough unless you can offer positivity, faith renewal, or scripture-study that has helped you cope, recover or brought you to healing.
Short bible studies are great! Check with me about bible versions, but generally I like KJ, NKJ, and NIV.
- I like to use pixabay or similar sources for free images, and enhance them through Canva, which makes them more pinnable and sharable. One of three-four images will be edited for pinterest sizing to make a poster size gift. One will be used in a slider. (that introduces the article)
If you have your own images, I’ll consider them first. Canva can help make them the right proportion and give them clarity. (contact me if you need more information on these or any other questions)
You are welcome to use the images for your own purposes of course.
- I do not use Twitter and other media choices,(except facebook) but you are welcome to link to your own accounts.
- I use a few bloggers groups to link with others, and usually take a week’s time to read and cover them. I sometimes continue into the next week linking with others as well; though I will have a new blog post up by that time and begin again the cycle of linking. In this way, my posts are getting better circulated.
I encourage you to write a few beginning words or a paragraph on your own blog and a “…read more…” tag and then add my blog link to that either in text or html.
You are welcome to and expected to, link the post in your own way of course.
- Please include a short,(about 150w) general biography that touches on your faith, your purpose, any books or articles you have published, any expertise you possess, and a few short lines about your personal life if you wish (state where you live, status, hobbies) .
- Please be informed about basic functions. I manage my own fairly well, but don’t have an extensive knowledge of all tools, and cannot instruct you on them, or on your own blog’s platform and tools.
My blog is still open to some development as I learn more about marketing and blogging. I have a book to re-launch (due to Ohio vendor’s license requirements), and a new one to introduce at that time. This will change the blog a bit, making it a store-front.